New Beginnings

The painting is called, Prada Girl.  The artist is Clarence Lum, a Saginaw resident. When I saw his painting, my heart started to pound, my mind began to race, a story began to tumble out of my heart.

Clarence and I went to school together at St. Mary Cathedral.  When he moved back to Saginaw a few years ago I had the pleasure of getting to know him again.  I couldn't stop thinking about this picture after I saw it in his house.  It was in a pile of pictures waiting to be taken to a gallery showing at Fandangles' in Flushing, Michigan.

I am happy to announce that I have purchased the rights to use his painting as the cover of my next book, "New Beginnings." 

It is a story of a mother and her daughter, Aubrey and Annie, moving to Saginaw from Texas.  They are invited to live with a cousin and her daughter, Brianna and Riley.  The story will follow where they have been and where they are headed after many "New Beginnings."  As a matter of fact, Annie is tired of "New Beginnings" she just wants life to stay the same for awhile.

This eBook will be published sometime in 2016.  I am thankful for the inspiration that Clarence has provided.  To see more of his paintings click this link.





To see all of my published eBooks click the link below:

Mary Ellen's Author Page

No comments:

Post a Comment