Recipes Enough Kindness to Fill an Empty Heart





Anything in the Refrigerator Muffins






In my book, "Enough Kindness to Fill an Empty Heart" Rebecca calls this the Anything in the Refrigerator Muffin.  I love baking this muffin.  I've used many different combinations:

zucchini and carrots
zucchini and cherries
carrots and applesauce
carrots and blueberries
peaches and blueberries
zucchini, carrots and applesauce

Sometimes I only add one banana and sometimes only one egg, depending on how wet the ingredients are when I mix them all together.  Sometimes I bake them for 60 minutes instead of 50 and even leave them in the oven when they are done for awhile.  This is a very forgiving recipe.

When they are cool I turn them upside down on a cooling rack until the bottom dries.  Then I put them in a Rubbermaid container with paper towel on the bottom and in between layers.  I store them in the refrigerator and we have one or two for a night snack warmed up in the microwave and topped with Reddi Whip.  It makes for a delicious snack.  1 muffin is 1 point - 2 muffins are 3 points.








No comments:

Post a Comment